Question

iOS: Purchases.shared.purchase completion block not called

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi there,

I’m running into a problem where purchases do succeed, but the Purchases.shared.purchase(...) completion block is never called.

I do see INFO: 💰 Finishing transaction in the logs, but the completion block itself is never called.

Purchases.shared.purchase(package: package) { (transaction, customerInfo, error, userCancelled) in
// Never called
}

I’m trying with a sandbox account on a real device. The same code seems to work for one of my other apps. I’m using purchases-ios 4.17.9.

If after a purchase I do a restore purchase action, the entitlement is there for this customer. This confirms that the purchase does succeed.

Any idea why this is happening?

11 replies

Badge +5

I have the same problem...

Badge +3

we are facing the same issue, and subscriptions have been plummeting because of this for the past couple of weeks. 

Badge +5

we are facing the same issue, and subscriptions have been plummeting because of this for the past couple of weeks. 

Have you tried to contact Support?

Badge +3

I just did, as I realized this only today and was trying to debug it until I found this to be the reason. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I just did, as I realized this only today and was trying to debug it until I found this to be the reason. 

Have you found / received a solution to the problem?

Badge +5

Have you found / received a solution to the problem?

Not yet. I contacted RevenueCat but they has not responded me since yesterday…

Badge +2

I’m seeing the same issue too in testing, I’ve raised a GitHub issue here.

Badge +3

They responded that it’s a testing account only problem, which I know first hand it’s not. I tried to purchase in production and got the same issue. And same is happening with new sandbox testers too… no response with a solution yet from revenueCat and this is an urgent critical issue. I’m really disappointed. Please let me know if any of you, get a solution to the problem…

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello,

Thanks all for reporting this bug. Between the various support tickets, this community post, and this GitHub issue, the GitHub issue contains the most context and is being actively investigated, so let’s continue the discussion there. There is a proposed fix that will be shipped soon - it might make sense to wait until that’s shipped. If you all continue to experience issues we absolutely will continue investigating. Again, thanks for reporting this bug and thanks for working with us!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey all,

Just to wrap up this community thread, I wanted to mention that our 4.17.11 release of the iOS SDK should address most issues here. I’m aware that others are still experiencing other issues that are probably unrelated to the shipped fix. If that applies to you:

1. Check the original GitHub issue to see if there are any solutions or other related issues there that you may have missed since then.
  2. Reach out to RevenueCat support if you need additional help.
Badge

Hey @Joost van den Akker , were you able to resolve this issue?