Question

How to have the correct introductoryPriceAmountMicros from SkuDetails after purchasing a subscription on Android?

• 26 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have some promotional subscriptions with introductoryPriceAmountMicros  (for example: $9.99 first 12 months, then $19.99) and I have to show permanently what subscription has the current user and at what price was purchased (for example: Premium - $9.99). But after the purchase is made, introductoryPriceAmountMicros from SkuDetails is zero, and then my text will be “Premium - $0.00” which is wrong because the user did not purchase the subscription for $0.00. So, my questions are: what is happening with introductoryPriceAmountMicros after purchase? Where is the data lost? Is there another way in RevenueCat to get this information? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Adriana Pele 

The introductoryPriceAmountMicros parameter is a wrapper around Billing Library’s getIntroductoryPriceAmountMicros() method. Billing Library docs for reference. They indicate the following:

Note: Returns 0 if the SKU is not a subscription or doesn't have an introductory period.

This would pull the introductory period directly from the product. Note that if you choose to change prices later on, it will not be accurate for grandfathered customers. 

Since the introductoryPriceAmountMicros field is attached to the product, it shouldn’t zero out after purchasing it. I’m curious to know what version of the Android Purchases SDK you’re currently using.

Badge +1

Hi, @tina 

Thank you for your response. I am using version 4.6.1.  We have created multiple testing accounts, but for some accounts this issue still persists. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Adriana Pele 

Can you share a code snippet how you’re calling introductoryPriceAmountMicros after the subscription has been purchased?