Question

App Store with custom offer codes manually not working

• 28 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

app store normal subscription works. But I want to set discount offer codes and as stated in the docs I redirect the user with a URL to the app store to redeem the code for the subscription. I see the subscription in the user’s app store but there is nothing on revenue cat and when I try to “restore purchases” there is nothing.

Also this offer code is for a subsctiption. The offer is discount for 12 months of subscription. everything looks good on apple side, will revenuecat understand when subscription renews or when subscription is cancelled?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @aris!

RevenueCat will detect any active subscriptions in a user’s receipt, so if the purchase was made/was successful with an Offer Code, restoring purchases will detect it.

Maybe you’re testing in sandbox, but redeeming the code in the production App Store? In that case, your sandbox installation won’t be able to detect the production purchases.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

hi. I did 2 tests with friends that downloaded the app from testflight. their iphone reports active subscription paid. I have set up everything with keys and all with the iphone app but revenuecat dashboard doesn’t report anything (while it does report google play subs). any other ideas of what to check? I have:

purchase key configuration set

app store connect shared secret set

app store connect api set with issuer and vendor number

and finally public api key. I can see on my apple dashboard the sub active too.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

hi @cody could you read my answer and maybe help me a bit more? thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Jens  maybe can you help me? I am stuck

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Brennan any idea please?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Michael Fogel @Ryan Glanz hey guys can you help? I am stuck at launch.

Badge +1

@aris Hope I can help you here. If the app was downloaded from TestFlight, the purchases won’t be a production one but a sandbox one. Purchases made with offer codes are only recognized if they are production purchases. Have you tried purchasing with offer code on the app that was downloaded from the App Store?