Solved

User has one (google/apple) store account and multiple app accounts

• 20 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey,

Currently, I’m experiencing a strange behavior when the user has one google account and logged in on two different devices and also the user has two accounts in my app.

When the user is purchasing a subscription on one device this subscription is applied to both accounts of my app.

I'm expecting that it should be applied to one of my accounts and the second account shouldn't see this subscription.

Can someone help me with it?

didn’t find an answer for this issue on the forum =(

icon

Best answer by ryan 20 July 2021, 18:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @Jean CHRISTOPHE 👋

It sounds like you may want to enable the “Transfer purchases” restore behavior in your app settings:

More info: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/restoring-purchases#transfer-purchases

This will only allow one App User ID at a time to own a subscription from the same underlying Apple/Google account.

Changing this setting will not retroactively remove a subscription that is already being shared between two App User IDs. So if you want to remove the subscription sharing between those users, you may have to delete them out of RevenueCat, then restore purchases again in the app once the ‘Transfer’ setting is applied.

Badge

Hey ryan,

Sounds like it will fix the issue I have.

Thank you so much 🙏