Question

Share IAPs between macOS and tvOS

• 6 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a macOS app which sells for $24.99 (for the app itself – no subscription involved).

I have a tvOS app which sells for $4.99 (for the app itself – no subscription involved).

They both have IAPs which sell for between $2.99 and $16.99 on both macOS and tvOS. They are effectively the same subscription for real-time weather data and cost the same on either platform. I want to sell the apps separately, but if they subscribe in one, I want the other to be able to recognize and use the subscription.

How can I make this works since there is no “universal” app. The macOS and tvOS versions must be purchased separately, but I want them to share IAPs.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Trygve :wave:

I think the easiest way to make this work would be to put both apps under 1 RevenueCat project  so you could check subscription status of the user by looking in CustomerInfo() and seeing if they are user of one of your apps. 

Badge +2

For that they would have to have the same UserID on both the AppleTV and Mac devices, right? If I am using the default UserID on each, how can they be tied together?