Skip to main content

I have a question.

I am considering introducing revenuecat to my in-house app.

The existing specifications for my in-house app allow one user to have multiple accounts, but in that case, would it be best to use revenuecat's real-time API to prevent duplicate purchases of the same plan?

Also, based on the above assumptions, I am considering multi-platform support for iOS, Android, and Web.

When the same user with my in-house app account who has purchased a plan on an iOS device logs in on an Android device, I would like to treat them as a user who has purchased a plan and provide them with paid features. To achieve this, would I need to create a system that allows my in-house app API to make this determination using data based on Webhooks?

Hi, RevenueCat does not support multiple accounts on the same platform due to the receipts being tied to the underlying store account. If you mean by multiple accounts that one user is active on multiple platforms, then that is fine as they will have a separate Apple and Google account.

It is possible to have cross-platform support with RevenueCat, see our blog post here for details on this.

Thank you for your answer.

I understand that RevenueCat does not support multiple accounts on the same platform because receipts are tied to the underlying store account.

I understand that if we want to achieve cross-platform support between iOS and Android with Revenuecat, we need to pass our application's user_id to Revenuecat as a custom App User ID.

If the specifications of our application allow the same user to use multiple accounts (multiple user_ids) on the same platform (for example, on an iOS app),

is it correct to understand that if a subscription is purchased with the user_id of one account, Revenuecat's functions cannot prevent the other user_id from purchasing the same plan on the same platform?

If this is not possible, when a user tries to subscribe to iOS or Android with the other user_id, will an error simply occur on the subscription screen of each platform because the same plan is linked to an Apple ID or Google Account?