Skip to main content
Solved

Purchases.restorePurchases too slow

• 17 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I call Purchases. Restoring Purchases takes about 7-10 seconds on both Android and iOS. I call it on the Splash screen, but it dramatically annoys the user. 
Can you give me an idea of how to get rid of it?

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @BG37,

Can you tell me more on what you are trying to achieve by calling restore purchases on the splash screen?

It is not recommended to call restore purchases programmatically because it can prompt the user with the store authentication sheet, completely blocking your users and putting them away from your app.

You shouldn’t need to trigger restore every time your app opens, RevenueCat already refreshes the subscription status automatically for you - so your users are always up to date in the app based on their subscription.

If you want to force sync, you can use syncPurchases which it doesn’t require the user interaction. 

I hope this helps!

Badge +5

Hi @BG37,

Can you tell me more on what you are trying to achieve by calling restore purchases on the splash screen?

It is not recommended to call restore purchases programmatically because it can prompt the user with the store authentication sheet, completely blocking your users and putting them away from your app.

You shouldn’t need to trigger restore every time your app opens, RevenueCat already refreshes the subscription status automatically for you - so your users are always up to date in the app based on their subscription.

If you want to force sync, you can use syncPurchases which it doesn’t require the user interaction. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for your response, I call restorePurchase when user delete cache. What should I do when user delete cache that prevent me get status of subscription