Policy on split testing in app purchases

• 4 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone know what apples policy on split testing prices for the same in app purchase (non renewable)?

I just submitted a new build with new in app purchase plans and they rejected it asking...

1/ “Whats the differecne between 9.99 and 19.99 lifetime pro plans?” (theres nothing, im just split testing)
2/ “How do we access your 9.99 lifetime plan, we can only see your 19.99 option“

Not sure how to reply as Im not sure of the app store policy. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

1/ “Whats the differecne between 9.99 and 19.99 lifetime pro plans?” (theres nothing, im just split testing)

2/ “How do we access your 9.99 lifetime plan, we can only see your 19.99 option“

This rejection is very odd – I've never heard this as a rejection reason, and plenty of apps have identical IAPs listed in the store page but only one or two are accessible via the app's paywall. Let me look into this further and I can get back to you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you for your patience! Are you submitting the new subscription plan along with this version? If this is the case, you should make sure the reviewer can see the newly submitted plan in the app while testing.