Question

PlatformException(9, The receipt is missing., {underlyingErrorMessage: , readable_error_code: MISSING_RECEIPT_FILE, userCancelled: false, message: The receipt is missing., code: 9, readableErrorCode: MISSING _RECEIPT_FILE}, null)

• 13 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

After uploading a build to TestFlight and successfully testing it, I encountered an issue when attempting to purchase a subscription again. The error message received was as follows:

PlatformException(9, The receipt is missing., {underlyingErrorMessage: , readable_error_code: MISSING_RECEIPT_FILE, userCancelled: false, message: The receipt is missing., code: 9, readableErrorCode: MISSING _RECEIPT_FILE}, null)

Upon reviewing various answers and information, it appears that this error is likely occurring due to the sandbox environment. However, I would like to seek confirmation regarding whether the purchase will function properly once the application is submitted for release.

2 replies

Badge +1

@ryan Please Help me, Brother. It’s urgent

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @imran-ali-20ae0b,

This shouldn’t happen in production. The reason is that in sandbox, the app downloads the receipt when it is downloaded, but in production, the receipt is downloaded via another mechanism.