Question

outstanding purchases with coins

• 21 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

greetings I have an android application with the kotlin language, and I want to implement pending purchases to deliver coins in a transaction with a slow card, I have already tried several similar sdk, and all have the same problem, that pending transactions to deliver coins do not work due, most are only focused on subscriptions, I would like to know if you can implement purchases of coins and if you can deliver the coins after the transaction is completed later.

If you have an example of how to handle coin delivery for pending transactions I would appreciate it, since they all have the same problem.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @ronalksp!

RevenueCat itself doesn’t handle in-game coin/currency management out of the box with non-subscription purchases, so it’ll have to be something you build custom. However, once RevenueCat detects a completed purchase that is no longer pending, we can issue a webhook to your server indicating the user should be granted access to their purchase (i.e. coins) for you to manage from your end.

You can read more in our docs here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/webhooks

Badge

u.u

Badge

Hey @ronalksp!

RevenueCat itself doesn’t handle in-game coin/currency management out of the box with non-subscription purchases, so it’ll have to be something you build custom. However, once RevenueCat detects a completed purchase that is no longer pending, we can issue a webhook to your server indicating the user should be granted access to their purchase (i.e. coins) for you to manage from your end.

You can read more in our docs here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/webhooks

I understand, but in this case you ask me a server, and I do not really master the backend, my project is small and only I am in the app.

There will not be a way to detect directly from the local code the status of the transaction when incie the app? and thus deliver the coins to inciar the app, I know it's less secure, but it serves to start a small project and to scale with the profits then to a server.