Solved

iOS Subscription Error - “This item is currently being modified. Please try again later.”

• 2 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

today we are experiencing problems with our billing on sandbox at least.

Not sure about live payment but only renewals came through there as well.

whenever we try a test subscription we get something like 

“This item is currently being modified. Please try again later.”

We did not change config of our products tn the last days though

Cheers

Karl

icon

Best answer by tina 2 December 2021, 19:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Karl Heupel 

I looked into this issue online and found that this error message does pop up from time to time from Apple. That error message is directly from Apple, which RevenueCat surfaces to developers. Any modals are also controlled by Apple. Based on some research, some possible steps you can try are the following:

• Restarting the device
  • Logging out and logging back into Apple ID / sandbox account
  • Try creating a new sandbox account

I also saw that this can handle if the device thinks it is still restoring from a backup via iCloud. Can you try the following steps on your device:

• Go to Settings
  • Tap your name at the top
  • iCloud
  • iCloud backup
  • Stop the restore (this will populate if the device is still restoring from a backup)
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thx but this is happening on every device we have

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

And on different accounts

any idea?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Same for us:

• Sandbox purchases
  • All sandbox users
  • All devices

We got the bad gut feeling that this might also impact our customers doing production purchases. Does anyone have some insight if this could be actually the case?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Karl Heupel and @Christian Kapplmüller 

There’s an old thread on Apple’s Developer Forums of other people also seeing this issue today: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/31363?page=3 Have either of you tried reporting this bug to Apple’s support yet? It sounds like a weird App Store side effect, unfortunately we don’t have much insight on what could be going on here. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Karl Heupel and @Christian Kapplmüller 

Can you share debug logs of this behavior in sandbox? Feel free to redact any sensitive information like product identifiers, app user IDs, etc. If you’re not comfortable sharing this on a public forum, do let me know and I can open a ticket on your behalf. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Just an update, for us it went away as it came, Apple support was as helpful as always ;)

Meaning: they asked for information over the course of several weeks and never came back with anything helpful

Badge

Hello I had a Disney + account and the payment ran out I just got I new iTunes card and went to to up my account and this message keeps saying this item is currently being modified please try again later I’ve tried every couple of hours and it still says the same message I did click cancel my subscription to Disney+ and still nothing I know everyone says there doing stuff and that but I’m still confused on why it’s doing this I never had this problem when I first got Disney pluse and now it’s not working I am honestly thinking I wasted $25 on a iTunes card that I can’t use for my Disney plus account can someone please help me I’m getting very frustrated and might have to call apple to see what’s the deal.