Solved

How to verify subscription status on my express backend

• 9 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am attempting to use my Express server to verify subscription status of users who purchased their subscription on mobile using the RevenueCat API V2. 

“There is no way to import RevenueCat into NodeJS, we don't make any such modules or sdks. The best option is to use our APIs directly using Node fetch. In our API docs you should use our JavaScript language to do so.” REFERENCE

Ok so I’ll use the API then. But theres a catch for v2/projects/{project_id}/customers/{customer_id}/subscriptions:
“This endpoint currently only returns subscriptions made on the web using the RevenueCat Web SDK and RevenueCat Billing. We are planning to add information for other supported stores soon.” REFERENCE

If thats the case how am I supposed to check on the subscription status through API? Should I use API v1/subscribers/{app_user_id} and parse out subscription info from the CustomerInfo object? I am a little concerned about using the older API as this is a critical part of our application.

icon

Best answer by Ryan Glanz 13 May 2024, 15:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Should I use API v1/subscribers/{app_user_id} and parse out subscription info from the CustomerInfo object?

Yes, you should use this endpoint.

We’re not going to deprecate the v1 API for a very long time (if ever), because so many apps rely on it.