Question

How to Resolve Configuration Issues in Flutter/Android Apps with Multiple Environments?

• 20 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude for developing and maintaining this solution.

I have been facing some challenges while trying to configure my development environment project, and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to make it work successfully. I have spent several days attempting various approaches, including multiple attempts at uploading the JSON key, recreating everything from scratch, and meticulously reviewing all the checklists I could find.

My current situation is as follows: I am unable to read the entitlements in my app, and on the RevenueCat dashboard, I noticed that the credentials require attention. Each item is marked with a question mark, and the message indicates that the validation for any of the three items was unsuccessful.

To give you some context, I have a Flutter/Android app with two environments, namely, "dev" and "prod," and the RevenueCat prod project is functioning flawlessly. I am solely using Google Play for this app, and I have only one Google Console account with a single app listed there. Initially, I had two Google Cloud Projects due to a previous app setup, but it felt off, so I consolidated everything into a single Google Cloud project to streamline my setup.

My package names are "com.blabla.prod" and "com.blabla.dev," and I have set these values accordingly in RevenueCat’s two projects. Additionally, I have a closed testing track, but I only uploaded the release version as I believe that's how it's supposed to work. This could potentially be one of the differences between my "dev" and "prod" projects.

Another point of concern is that I can only have one "Google Real-Time Developer Notifications" setup in the monetization section, as there's only one Google Console.

If there's any specific guidance, best practices, or steps I might have missed, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share them with me 🤗

Thanks,

Julieta

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey there! 

Thanks for reaching out. Setting up the Play Store credentials can be a frustrating process, especially considering how many steps there are. If you’ve already gone through the set up doc here, can you confirm that:

• the project connected in Step 1 is the same as the one the service account is created under in Step 2
  • the service account's roles match the screenshot below
    ?name=Screenshot+2023-04-10+at+12.17.55+PM.png
  • You've enabled the three permissions in the following screenshot:
    ?name=Screenshot+2023-04-10+at+12.19.55+PM.png
  • You've saved the above, then gone into 'Users and Permissions' and applied those permissions for the app in question and saved those changes as well (this is an easy 'save changes' button to miss.)
  • The JSON key you added to RevenueCat in Step 4 of the doc is the exact same as the JSON key you saved in Step 2
  • You've waited at least 36 hours to allow the credentials time to validate and activate

We also have a handy Checklist that goes through all of the necessary elements needed to get credentials working so you can go through and ensure that you've hit each step: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/google-play-checklist

Also, please make sure that the permissions are enabled on the correct Google Play Console account as sometimes these are mixed and permissions are unable to be read because of this! 

We also have a community guide here: 

Let me know if that helps! 

Badge

Hi @Michael Fogel ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a quick question about the Google Play Console accounts. So, you mentioned something about needing several of them. I always thought there's just one console per Google Play dev account. Am I getting that right, or did I miss something?

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Julieta Correct in the fact that there is usually only one. Sometimes people have multiple accounts and this causes confusion where they get mixed up is all I was trying to say! 

Badge

Hi @Michael Fogel!

My two theories of possible issues are the following: 

My package names are "com.blabla.prod" and "com.blabla.dev," and I have set these values accordingly in RevenueCat’s two projects. Additionally, I have a closed testing track, but I only uploaded the release version as I believe that's how it's supposed to work. This could potentially be one of the differences between my "dev" and "prod" projects.

Another point of concern is that I can only have one "Google Real-Time Developer Notifications" setup in the monetization section, as there's only one Google Console.

Regarding the first theory, I'm wondering if it's acceptable not to have the "com.blabla.dev" package uploaded into any testing track. Could you please confirm if this configuration is correct or if there's a need to have it uploaded to a testing track for the setup to work properly?

As for the second theory, you mentioned that having only one Google Console is not an issue. So, if that's the case, we can rule out this possibility as a cause of the problem.

I would greatly appreciate your insights to help me narrow down the potential issues and find the best solution. Thank you for your support!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Julieta ,

Just so we can look more into this, can you please open a support ticket with us so we can get more details on the project and help come to a solution quicker?

Link to open a ticket: https://app.revenuecat.com/settings/support