Question

How to check if user is entitled at the moment via API?

• 18 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have everything configured perfectly, the problem is that when I make a call to:

https://api.revenuecat.com/v1/subscribers/user_id

I do not receive directly if the user has an activated entitlement. For example, if you have never been subscribed, it will not return any entitlement, but if you have already had an entitlement, you will have it in the response, even the current subscription is not active.

How are you verifying whether the user is currently subscribed or not via API? Do you compare the expiration date of the entitlement with the current date?

Wouldn't it be easier if the API returned directly whether the person has the active subscription or not?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! The RevenueCat recommendation is to check if the expiration date has passed or not in order to determine if an entitlement is still active. We wanted to make sure that we allowed for people to see historical data for subscriber information, including past entitlements, through the API and not just display the active ones, but I can provide your feedback regarding this difficulty internally.