Question

how to buy consumable products again and again

• 26 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

hi, i was trying to set up a consumable products based on Non-Subscription Purchases doc recommendations from revenue cat https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/non-subscriptions.

but after calling purchaseProduct for a consumable product  i can't seem to purchase this product again because it was bought as a non-consumable 

the flutter in_app_purchase package has two methods to buy product (buyConsumables or buyNonConsumables) does revenue cat have similar way or other to make sure a product can be bought again

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Abey Shiferaw

Could you send debug logs that reproduce this? You can enable debug logs by following this guide. After they're enabled you'll see logs like this in the console:

[Purchases] - DEBUG: No cached entitlements, fetching
[Purchases] - DEBUG: GET /v1/subscribers/<APP_USER_ID> 200
[Purchases] - DEBUG: Purchaser info updated, sending to delegate

Please ensure the debug logs include the entire app life-cycle, including the messages printed during initialization of the SDK. The more information you include here, the better we'll be able to help.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Badge +3

E/[Purchases] - ERROR(13710): 🤖‼️ BillingWrapper purchases failed to update: DebugMessage: . ErrorCode: ITEM_ALREADY_OWNED.null
I/flutter (13710): │ #0   AppBlocDelegate.onChange (package:mehaley/util/app_bloc_deligate.dart:15:12)
E/[Purchases] - ERROR(13710): 🤖‼️ This product is already active for the user.
I/flutter (13710): │ #1   BlocBase.onChange (package:bloc/src/bloc.dart:710:19)

this is the revenue cat log, 

also i am testing on android(flutter), and unlike ios the android in app products are not classified(consumable and non consumable) so how does the revenue cat package consumes the product is not clear. is there any thing i need to make sure to consume my android consumable products.

Badge +1

Can we get an answer to this? I’m having the exact same issue.

Badge +4

I think you need to disconnect the product from an entitlement so that it can be purchased multiple times.

Badge +5

Hello @Abey Shiferaw 

did you resolve this, I have same issue here