Skip to main content
Question

Duplicate Subscription Charges and Missing Apple Receipt

• 13 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’m reaching out to report an issue we encountered with a user (ID: rnfp7UG9yuNmMYwE9lQiQv1JaAy1) involving duplicate subscription charges on the same day and a missing receipt in the user’s Apple account.

Issue Details:

• Date of Issue: August 10th
  • Charges Incurred:
    • 13:14: TWD 740 for a monthly subscription.
    • 13:41: TWD 3,590 for an annual subscription.
  • User Actions:
    • The user initially subscribed to a monthly plan, but shortly after, they upgraded to an annual plan. Both charges were processed.

Problem:

1. The user’s Apple account reflects the charge for the annual subscription but does not show the TWD 740 monthly subscription charge. This prevents the user from requesting a refund for the monthly charge through Apple’s standard refund process.
  2. In the RevenueCat dashboard, only the annual subscription is active, aligning with what the user sees in their account. However, both charges were processed.

Questions:

• Sync Issues: Could this issue be related to a sync problem between Apple’s subscription service and RevenueCat, where the monthly charge was processed but not correctly logged in RevenueCat or Apple?
  • Handling Duplicate Charges: What steps can we take to prevent such issues in the future where a user is charged for both a monthly and an annual subscription within a short time frame?
  • Resolving the Current Issue: How can we assist the user in retrieving the missing receipt from Apple or obtaining a refund for the incorrectly charged monthly subscription?

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions you can provide on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you!!

Hey @connie-1b58cb,

Can you share the project name so I can look that customer up in our system? You can DM it to me if you don’t want to share it publicly.