Question

Set entitlements for a specific date in the future

• 25 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have an app where it’s common for users to create multiple accounts. While this is a bigger issue we need to solve, this sometimes leaves our paid users unable to access their paid features - even after reconnecting their subscription to App Store in some cases.

Right now we have several options for granting paid feature entitlements (e.g. 1 week; 3-months; 1-year; etc.). However, I would like to be able to set a very specific number of days to their entitlement to match the actual duration of their contract that they are struggle to connect to.

For instance: if they have 290 days left on their subscription, I would like to be able to grant that exact number of days rather than 6-months or 1-year. The issue with not having that level of specificity is that since their subscription doesn’t match what they will be billed, we have to tell them to churn and hopefully resubscribe later on.

Anyone know if this is possible?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! Andy, I know that we discussed this in a support ticket one-on-one, but I just wanted to reiterate the answer here in case any other RevenueCat users came upon your post looking for an answer to this issue. Using the "Grant a Promotional Entitlement" endpoint, you are able to set the duration of a promotional entitlement to end at a specific date. You will just need to set the start_time_ms parameter to the appropriate date in the past with the set duration parameter that would then end as if it had started on that day. For example, if I wanted to grant a promotional entitlement for 5 days, I would set the start_time_ms parameter to two days ago and the duration parameter to weekly