Solved

Question about webhook type

• 5 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’m confused about what should the webhook type be in the following 2 cases:

1. I canceled my subscription or my subscription expired, then after several months I purchase it again in the app.
  1. I realized Gold subscription I previously purchased is not enough so I purchased Platinum subscription in the app while my Gold subscription is active.
icon

Best answer by cody 5 August 2021, 18:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Wes! 👋

I canceled my subscription or my subscription expired, then after several months I purchase it again in the app.

This is considered a RENEWAL event.

I realized Gold subscription I previously purchased is not enough so I purchased Platinum subscription in the app while my Gold subscription is active.

If the Platinum subscription is in the same Subscription Group (Apple), just a different tier, this is a PRODUCT_CHANGE event. If the Platinum subscription is a separate Subscription Group (an entirely different subscription), this would be considered an INITIAL_PURCHASE, and nothing would change with the Gold subscription.

On Android, if you provide UpgradeInfo the other subscription will be replaced with the new subscription and a PRODUCT_CHANGE event will be sent. If you don’t provide UpgradeInfo, a new subscription will be started and INITIAL_PURCHASE will be sent.

Badge +4

Thanks @cody , what is the entitlement `purchase_date` for the first case then? Will it be the first time user purchased it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Wes!

The ‘purchase_date’ is: The ISO 8601 datetime of the latest purchase or renewal.

You can read more about these fields in our API docs here: https://docs.revenuecat.com/reference#subscribers