Solved

No Data Displaying In Charts on Sandbox

• 22 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

We have not launched/ pushed to production yet, but I had regarding the Charts.  We are not seeing any data come through at all from our testing, is this normal in the Sandbox environment? 

We do see some data come through on the Overview, just nothing in charts. 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Jens 22 February 2022, 18:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @Kristen, our charts don’t show sandbox data (by design, we also mention this in our docs). There’s a few reasons for this, including: 

• Sandbox revenue isn’t real revenue, you can’t really “manage your business” by looking at charts about sandbox transactions
  • Renewals occur much faster in Sandbox (several times a day), which would break how a lot of our charts are calculated
Badge +2

Thank you so much, that makes sense.  Thanks for your confirmation.

Badge +6

This is all well and good. But then why does your website have a permanent ‘Viewing Sandbox Data’ button at the top which when you switch it on says “Viewing Sanbox Data” right above the chart. But in fact the chart is not doing so. Misleading and confusing for us newbies.

All you have to do is make it say “Showing Sandbox Data (but not in the chart)” or something. 

Hello! Yes, I am having similar questions… From everything I can test, it appears its fetching the packages and I get a full subscription sign up process… when searching I can see entitlements status check confirms the user has subscribed. 

But I don’t see this user in RC dashboard, not only in the charts but also in any reports (I am specifically filtering on Sandbox filter. The Sandbox checkbox in the top upper right of the dashboard is greyed out?). I also tried the filter “Made Sandbox Purchase”.  

With that being said… I do think it's working but kind of weird I wouldn’t be able to at least see some type of report or data from somewhere… 

-Chad

Follow up… I do see I can check the sandbox data when on the dashboard and selecting that does show the subscribers on the dashboard there. Hope this helps someone else!