Skip to main content
Solved

Local Currency & Currency Symbols

• 12 June 2024
  • 3 replies

When designing a RC Paywall, if I use a variable like {{ total_price_and_per_month }} will the dollar sign always be used, or will people in other countries see the price in their currency, with their currency symbol? 

Hi, the currency is determined by the app store/device so it will not always be a $.

Hi Haley, great thank you! 

A related question: Some areas include additional taxes and some don’t. Is there a RC variable I can use that displays applicable taxes in some way? I don’t see one.

I ask because I often get emails from users that are confused. They click buy for a subscription at $10 (for example), but when they go to pay, they see the cost is $12. Apple doesn’t itemize the cost as far as I know on the check out screen. Maybe I’m missing something / not seeing it because I’m in the US, which I don’t think there are additional taxes. Does Apple itemize the taxes on their checkout screen? Especially if they don’t, it would be very helpful to have a RC variable that displays the cost including tax. Or does the default price variable include tax already and I’m just confused haha? 

Thank you!