Solved

2 active subscriptions if subscription was transfered from one user to another

• 10 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hei there.

I am a bit confused by the number of active subscriptions in the dashboard.

There are currently 7 active subscribers, but the dashboard shows 8.

It seams that this is because one of the subscribers got their subscription transfered from another subscriber.

(Probably because the user logged out from his account and restored the subscription anonimously)

I would expect that there are currently only 7 active subscriptions, and not 8, as the subscription was transfered from one user to another.

Is this just a bug in the dashboard or are there now really 8 active subscriptions or am I just misunderstanding something?

Note: What I am actually trying to do is to refund everybody that purchased the subscription as we are still in a beta test and those user accidentally did the subscription. I was able to refund 7 users, but the dashboard shows that there are 8 active subscription. Thats why I am confused…

Thanks,

Felix

icon

Best answer by Felix B 21 March 2022, 17:53

View original

6 replies

Badge +6

Hei there. Just a quick update.

Today all the subscription I have cancelled yesterday are not more “active” except one. It is one that resulted from a transfer. It shows as active in the dashboard but when checking the user, the last event is a refund event and the user does not have an active subscription. It seams as if this is just a bug in this list in the dashboard…

Could you have a look?

Thanks,

Felix

Badge +6

Hei there.

I continue to see one user as active in the list view in the dashboard, but when checking the user the subscription is correctly marked as refunded.

Would you mind having a look?

Best,

Felix

Badge +6

Hei there.

Did I do anything wrong or why wont anybody answer me?

I would really appreciate some support here…

Thanks,

Felix

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Felix B, truly sorry this post was missed - we are working on improving our process for notifying us of outstanding posts here. I see you also submitted a ticket, and I’ve answered you there - let’s follow up over there to keep the thread in one place (you should be able to see the ticket in your email inbox).

Badge +6

Hei @sundeep , glad to hear from you :)

Ok, lets continue via email.

Although I think that the result of the conversation might be interesting to others…

Best,

Felix

Badge +6

Just to post the answer from the ticket here, in case somebody else is having the same problem or wonders what the solution was:

15.03.2022:

Hi Felix,

Thanks for sharing those details! One thing to note about customer lists is that they refresh every 2 hours, so it's possible if you're checking the customer list very quickly after cancelling subscriptions, that the customer list isn't updated with that data until a little later. 

However, since you mention there possibly being a duplicate in this list, and that the duplicate had purchases transferred from another user, that actually does sound like a bug that was reported recently - our customer lists don't accurately handle cases with transferred purchases and this has caused duplicate rows in rare cases. I can pass this example along to the engineers, and if you experience this again, please feel free to share more examples with us.

We do have an update to our customer list performance that should be launching very soon, and hopefully that will also help mitigate issues like this. Let me know if you have any other questions!

I did refresh the list several times over some days (as can be seen by my comments above), so I think that this was not my problem.

However, I did not find the original duplicated purchaser anymore, maybe because the bug was fixed or because the original subscription had expired.

Currently there are no problems...