Google I/O 22 Announcements - RC Product Priorities

Show first post

62 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @sven good news — subscription price changes should report in RevenueCat as expected (only updating the price for new customers). I’ve confirmed that the V1 endpoint will report the old price for customers that purchased before a price change. Let me know if you have further questions.

Hey @Maddie I hope you’re doing well,

When I open a subscription to change its pricing or other settings, I get a warning in the Google Play Console that “This subscription has been migrated from a legacy subscription and is read-only. You can make this subscription editable. This means that you will no longer be able to configure or update this subscription through the InAppProducts API.”

In this case what should I do? Make the subscription editable or not?

Thank you for your help.

Hey @Faraz no need to worry about that message - RevenueCat doesn’t use the InAppProducts API on your behalf. As long as your base plans and offers are marked as backwards compatible, you’re good… so changing prices is okay to do. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

This subscription has been migrated from a legacy subscription and is read-only

You can make this subscription editable. This means that you will no longer be able to configure or update this subscription through the InAppProducts API.

When I going to update my existing subscription, it shows me an alert message. If I change it to editable, is it work properly or not?? It is very much urgent to edit my subscription.

Hey @Dallas Clarksean, feel free to edit your subscription in a backwards-compatible way (see our Android product docs for more details on what is backwards-compatible).

We don’t call the InAppProducts API on your behalf, so unless you’re calling that yourself, you don’t need to worry about this message.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Can I change it? Please ensure me. Because of my apps on live. Both android & iOS version. If I change android subscription, is't work properly??

Hi @Dallas Clarksean, unless you are using the InAppProducts API, feel free to make your subscriptions editable. We are not using that API on your behalf.

Just make sure you only have one base plan per subscription, up to one offer per base plan, and that both of those are marked “backwards compatible” in the dashboard (the screenshot you attached shows p1y and freetrial as backwards compatible). If anything isn’t backwards compatible, RevenueCat won’t work with it.

To make something backwards compatible, click the overflow menu and choose “Use for deprecated billing methods”.

For a more detailed description, look here

Badge

Hello RevenueCat team,

Are there any updates as to when the multiple offers model will be possible with RevenueCat?

The multiple offers model saves a lot of logistics for us. Is enabling the new structure in Q1 next year a realistic timeline?

Badge

Thank you for the update. It is much appreciated.

Badge +4

On a related note, has anyone been able to get non-renewing subscriptions to work with RevenueCat/App Store ? I am seeing the same issues as with Android/PlayStore - the product cannot be located. Auto-renewing subscriptions of course work fine on both iOS and Android.

@AnnaToro - could you confirm one way or another about non-renewing subscriptions on the App Store? I am using the latest version of the Cordova plugin (3.3.2) if that matters

Appreciate your help

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@chea seed  Apple non-renewing subscriptions should work like any other in-app purchase. One limitation is that RevenueCat won’t calculate the expiration date, so it will function more like a consumable than a subscription. The workaround would be to check the purchase date of the non-renewing subscription and calculate the expiration date on the fly. If you’re not seeing products on iOS that’s probably a configuration error - check this guide out.

Badge +2

Any updates on the testing and how is the new system coming along? Thank you.

Hello MoneyDrone, 

We are in currently in beta while completing the set of functionalities that we set out for the release. 

Are you interested in testing with us? 

We are excited to have you use multiple base plans and offers soon!

Badge +2

Hello MoneyDrone, 

We are in currently in beta while completing the set of functionalities that we set out for the release. 

Are you interested in testing with us? 

We are excited to have you use multiple base plans and offers soon!

What do you require, pre-requisites for helping you do tests on my end?

I would love to help in anyway I can!

Badge +2

Hi, any update regrading getting into the beta?

I would really like to get into it and design my app around the new system instead of working with the current one.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, any update regrading getting into the beta?

I would really like to get into it and design my app around the new system instead of working with the current one.

Thank you.

Hey @MonkeyDrone, Thanks for your interest! Shoot an email to anna@revenuecat.com for more information!

Badge +2

Hey, is there already an ETA on this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey, is there already an ETA on this?

Hey @Ralf Meyer we have a beta out! See the  post below if you’re interested in joining:

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi there,

I’m curious. Right now, we’re advised not to make multiple base plans for our subscription. In the future, when this is supported, will this fix the problem where some users are able to subscribe to both monthly/yearly subscriptions (and be double charged) for the same product? We have this issue and are looking for solutions.

Hey @Gabe Jacobs , great question! You’re correct - attempting to purchase any base plan within an already-purchased subscription will no longer result in being doubly-charged. It would not be possible to have more than one base plan active at a time.

The new library will allow switching between base plan durations, if that is something you wish to offer.

You can use CustomerInfo to find out which entitlement is currently active, and ensure any products belonging to the same entitlement are purchased as an upgrade/downgrade rather than a normal purchase. You can do this by passing UpgradeInfo into the purchase flow.

Badge

Hi there,

I’m curious. Right now, we’re advised not to make multiple base plans for our subscription. In the future, when this is supported, will this fix the problem where some users are able to subscribe to both monthly/yearly subscriptions (and be double charged) for the same product? We have this issue and are looking for solutions.

Hey @Gabe Jacobs , great question! You’re correct - attempting to purchase any base plan within an already-purchased subscription will no longer result in being doubly-charged. It would not be possible to have more than one base plan active at a time.

The new library will allow switching between base plan durations, if that is something you wish to offer.

In both the current and upcoming versions of the SDK, it would be best practice to avoid giving the user the option to re-purchase a currently active subscription. You can use CustomerInfo to find out which entitlement is currently active, and hide any associated products from your paywall. Let me know if this makes sense!

Hey Maddie,

So if a user has purchased a monthly subscription, would you suggest making it impossible for them to sign up for the yearly option? Or perhaps when they sign up for the yearly option we mention they must manually cancel the monthly subscription? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey Maddie,

So if a user has purchased a monthly subscription, would you suggest making it impossible for them to sign up for the yearly option? Or perhaps when they sign up for the yearly option we mention they must manually cancel the monthly subscription? 

Actually, I didn’t speak correctly. Thank you for clarifying. You could hide it, but then users wouldn’t be able to switch between durations.

Instead of hiding it, just make sure you perform that purchase as an upgrade/downgrade. You can do this by passing UpgradeInfo into the purchase method, and add the oldProductId to the UpgradeInfo. 

I’ll go ahead and update the comment above so it’s correct for others.

Badge +3

Hello @AnnaToro et @cody,

Still no news on a release date  for the ‘New Subscription Model’ ?

Badge +2

I am hoping to hear an update on this, especially for a single subscription with a single base plan that is prepaid and non-renewing.  The Google Play Store states that “Prepaid base plans cannot be backwards compatible” and I really need this feature as my app will be offering short subscriptions (1 day) that are not auto-renewing.  Any update on an ETA will greatly help my ability to determine a launch date, etc.  Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey everyone! The team is excited to announce that purchases-android v6 has been released, with support for BillingCilent 5, including multiple base plans per subscription and multiple offers per base plan. 

For details on how to start the migration, check out our guide here.

Badge +5

@Maddie Does purchases-android v6 also support Observer Mode when using Billing Client 5? The migration guide doesn’t mention Observer Mode at all.

Badge +3

We look forward to new features as soon as possible!!!

Badge +2

Hey, what about React Native? Is this update included there?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Ralf Meyer We are currently working on support BC5 on React Native. I’ll let you know once the beta is out

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Ralf Meyer we have just released a beta version of React Native with support for BC5 (6.0.0-beta.1).

Any feedback more than welcome