iOS 'Receipt is invalid' Megathread

• 8 February 2023
  • 48 replies

Show first post

48 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Update: Apple’s reporting the issue is fixed, but we’re still encountering errors. Will provide another update as soon as possible.

For me, it is working 😍

im still facing this error untill now  , are you happy now ?😂

More than happy !! 😂

Badge +3

I’m located in the US. Not fixed for me yet. 

It just started working !!! 

Badge +2

@cody What’s the appropriate behavior of an app if it encounters a “Receipt Invalid” response during a purchase?  Not only is it showing “Receipt Invalid” but looking up entitlements in customerinfo shows an empy list, and that’s how my app checks for a subscription.  Does this mean that during this issue there is no way to check if a user is subscribed, or is there a workaround?

I just tested via TestFlight with a real icloud account, I’m still seeing the issue, getting receipt invalid after a purchase, entitlements return empty from Revenuecat, if I try to purchase again it says already subscribed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I was able to make a consumable and sub purchase in the sandbox for the first time since Monday night.  I did it on my iPad. When I did a restore purchases attempt on my iPhone I got the same invalid receipt nonsense I’ve been getting since Tuesday BUT when I backed out of my purchases view the app recognized that a sub was valid and adjusted accordingly. I’m just glad things are back to normal so that I can keep developing.

Badge +5

For me it is still not working, I am trying to buy a subscription in sandbox mode (testflight) on iOS.

Badge +5

Thanks @Chris-29 my subscriptions are working now.
Hey @Dylan Thomas and @user9837291 try the @Chris-29 `s solution.

Badge +2

Signing out and back in with a sandbox account worked, but logging in with my iCloud account on TestFlight still did not work!  I know behind the scenes Apple makes a Sandbox account for TestFlight users, how can I force it to log out of that account to fix this issue?

Badge +5

Signing out and back in with a sandbox account worked, but logging in with my iCloud account on TestFlight still did not work!  I know behind the scenes Apple makes a Sandbox account for TestFlight users, how can I force it to log out of that account to fix this issue?

Try creating a new tester account

Badge

Hi! Worked for a few hours and the problems started again. Is it really so? The Apple page says that the service is working properly, but I started getting sandbox errors again

update: worked again after several attempts, without changing anything

Badge

I still have the issue with a StoreKit config file and iOS simulator. Are there any updates on this issue?

Badge +5

I still have the issue with a StoreKit config file and iOS simulator. Are there any updates on this issue?

I'm trying via testflight and it's working correctly, I haven't tested it with StoreKit

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Still seeing this on the most recent version of the revenue cat SDK (react native js). This is not an issue production at all? Only in testFlight?

I’m setting up this up now to work in my project and am getting this error. Is there any resolution or is it still being replicated by others? 

Badge

I’m getting this today as well

Domain=RevenueCat.ErrorCode Code=8 "The receipt is not valid." UserInfo={source_function=convertUnsuccessfulResponseToError(), source_file=RevenueCat/HTTPClient.swift:415, NSLocalizedDescription=The receipt is not valid., readable_error_code=INVALID_RECEIPT, NSUnderlyingError=0x600003a040c0 {Error Domain=RevenueCat.BackendErrorCode Code=7103 "The receipt is not valid." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The receipt is not valid., rc_backend_error_code=7103}}, rc_response_status_code=400, rc_backend_error_code=7103}

Badge

cc @cody Looks like this is back???

:( 

Badge

Still encountring this issue. 

Its very hard to move forward without testing the In-App-Purchase functionality in my App. 

A lot of funcitonalities depends on what happens after the purchase is successful, and there is no way I will move to production without testing the whole flow of the purchase. 

Any one figured out a work-around this ? 

Region: Middle East

Platform: React-Native, Expo CLI 

Badge

I copied the example code that had usesStoreKit2IfAvailable set to true. I changed it false, and I see the error much less, but I have to release the app again.

Hey Todd, could you point me to this code? I am constantly getting this receipt issue.

Badge

I’m having this same problem.

App review won’t validate my app because they can’t make purchases in the sandbox environment.

Region: Australia

Platform: iOS SwiftUI with TestFlight

Me too!

Badge +4

im seeing the issue still. some folks here suggested logout and login  of sandbox. is that the browser login ? or SDK ? is there a thing like that on SDK ?

I spoke too soon

I forgot the Storekit testing framework. Once I added that and reset my simulator it worked!

Instructions for anyone else who got lost here: 

https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/apple-app-store#testflight

Thanks @nick-a92e68 , This worked for me.

I am no more getting error.

Badge +3

For recent occurances, just force-quitting the app / restarting the app solved the issue. 

Badge

I encountered this issue in Sandbox yesterday and still see it today. Not sure if I can start review submission because reviewers will probably see the same. I tried on two different devices and accounts. Everything was working fine before yesterday’s evening…

ERROR: 😿‼️ The receipt is not valid.

I can also see this. I’m in process of evaluating Revenuecat on iOS and after successful transaction in sandbox I get error:

PlatformException(8, The receipt is not valid., {readable_error_code: INVALID_RECEIPT, message: The receipt is not valid., userCancelled: false, underlyingErrorMessage: The receipt is not valid., readableErrorCode: INVALID_RECEIPT, code: 8}, null)

I’m wondering if there is some issue in my setup or it’s sandbox/Apple fault.