Are there any plans for an official Capacitor plugin?

Show first post

34 replies

Badge

Hey @programador, I’m Martin, the maker of capacitor-purchases.

I have been contacted by@Andy from RevenueCat, and the plugin will be transferred to their org soon :)

I’m happy to let them maintain it, and integrate it into their doc.

We just need a bit of time to proceed with this change!

Until then, you can use my version, outside the name, nothing should change since I have used the same approach as they do for all of their plugins.

Hope you many subcriptions 🤘

Love to read about this! i’m considering implementing Revenuecat into my app for over a year now, but still hesitant because there is no “safe path” for adding Revenuecat into my capacitor (vue3) project. Looking forward to any updates on this transition.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey folks! Just here to also confirm @Martin Donadieu’s words. I’m personally really excited about this, and looking forward to having better support for Capacitor! Stay tuned for the official announcement, and feel free to use capacitor-purchases in the meantime. 

Badge +4

Hey @programador, I’m Martin, the maker of capacitor-purchases.

I have been contacted by@Andy from RevenueCat, and the plugin will be transferred to their org soon :)

Until then, you can use my version, outside the name, nothing should change since I have used the same approach as they do for all of their plugins.

Wow great news! Thanks for your hard work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey @programador, I’m Martin, the maker of capacitor-purchases.

Badge +6

Would love to see this too! :) 

Badge +4

Any update on this @Jacob Eiting ? At least some info would be nice to know if there is or isn’t any plans for an official Capacitor plugin so that we can plan accordingly. 

The guy who maintains this plugin seems to be doing a good job: https://github.com/Cap-go/capacitor-purchases

Maybe sth can be arranged to turn his Cap. plugin into an official RC plugin? That way we would feel safer to know that it is being overlooked by the official RC team.

Thanks.

Badge +5

A capacitor v3/4 plugin would be great.

@Jeff Johnson, it sounds like you’re using the Ionic Native / Awesome Plugins wrapper. If you’re on capacitor, you may find it easier to just use the `cordova-plugin-purchases` npm library directly. 

For example, I’m using it in an Ionic 5 / Angular 12 / Cap 4 project, and just `declare var Purchases;` at the top of my RevenueCat service, and then get direct access to its methods, like `Purchases.setup(RevCatAPIKey, user.id)` and `Purchases.purchasePackage`;  

Badge

Another vote for an official Capacitor plugin.

The biggest issue I have with the Cordova plugin is that I can’t use the latest version until https://github.com/danielsogl/awesome-cordova-plugins/blob/master/src/%40awesome-cordova-plugins/plugins/purchases/index.ts is updated to use the new version.

Apparently the process for updating that file is to wait until a RevenueCat (RC) customer questions RC why the version is old, then RC makes a pull request to update it, then sometime in the future it is updated and can be used in Ionic.

I’m on my third cycle of this now and since my app is stuck on “getOfferings hangs”, which has been a problem for over a year in RC, I can’t even get the latest versions to see if those will help because of how they are pegged to a third party version.

Badge +4

I’m using Ionic with Capacitor.

The RevenueCat documentation recommends using a cordova plugin, but Ionic has been in the process of migrating away from Capacitor for the past few years, and this is now the only Cordova plugin in my app.

There’s already a capacitor plugin on github but I was wondering if there are any plans to release an official Capacitor plugin as well.

We are in the exact same situation. We have migrated all of our cordova plugins to their capacitor equivalents, and now only the RevenueCat plugin is left as cordova in our app.

As can be seen in the Capacitor vs Cordova comparison here, cordova is dying and Capacitor already took its place with more than 5 times the downloads on npm.

That would be great if Revenuecat launches an official Capacitor plugin as well.