Question

Service Account Credentials JSON - Credentials need attention

Show first post

41 replies

Badge +3

Do you understand why I have no problem accessing the products in my offerings via revenuecat in my development expo build, yet it’s still saying that there is a credentials issue? Surely if there was something wrong then it just wouldn’t work, period. 

This must provide some clue? 

Badge +3

Yes, the email of the service account in the JSON and in the “Users and permissions” section match.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

mmm…..I’m running out of ideas….

Can you check that the service account that you created is listed in the Users and permissions section of google play console? You can check the email of the service account by opening the JSON file you downloaded when you created the keys and look for the client_email value

Badge +3

@MarcosC Do you have any other thoughts on what the issue could be? Or steps to take in order to get this working. If I need to delete the app and remake? Or anything on the google play console side. At this point I’ll do anything. I really just need this to work. 

Badge +3

Yeah as far as I’m aware the google play console account is associated with the correct google cloud project. 

As I said before I have no trouble accessing the products. So clearly something is connected ok. 

It hasn’t been 36 hours yet. Maybe 20ish and it’s still showing the credentials need attention error. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

ok, cool.

Just double checking. Make sure that the google play console account is associated with the correct google cloud project (the one you created the credentials)

Badge +3

I tried what you have proposed to speed up the google credentials propagation. 

However, it didn’t seem to do anything. 

I will just have to wait and see then. 🤞

Badge +3

Yes, so now the validation status’s have changed. X’s not questions marks this time. See attached Image. 

I will try what you have proposed now. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

ok, perfecto. So now if you hover the validation status on the app, I think you should see if there’s an error or not (the previous screenshot only had question marks)

One things that could be causing errors is that google credentials might take up to 36 hours to propagate. There’s a workaround to speed this up

Link: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/creating-play-service-credentials

Badge +3

See the attached images for what I’ve done. Pretty sure I’ve added the package name to this field now. 

However, it is still giving me the same “credentials need attention errors as before”

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Not having the package name is definitely a problem. The API used by RC to fetch information from Google requires a package name. We should probably explicitly mention that in the error to avoid this confusion.

And does the app exist in Google Console (with the same package name)?

Badge +3

I’ve updated the “Google play package” field and I’m still getting the same error.

Badge +3

So I don’t currently have the “Google Play package” field set for this app. 

See attached image. 

Could this be the problem?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

mmm…. I think the unknown might come from RC not finding the app in Google. I would check that the package name configured in RevenueCat matches the one you have in Google

Badge +3

Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly. 

Yep, Image attached. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @jp97 ,

In the google app (in RC dashboard), under the service account credentials json input we added some validation and tooltip to explain what’s going on with the credentials

When you hover it, do you see any specific error?