Solved

Managing subscription from different platform

• 10 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

In my app I have a button for managing sunscription. When this button is clicked the management url is taken from the customer info object and if the user is on the same platform(ios or android) as the subscription, then the app store or google play is opened. 

If the user is on ios, and the subscription was purchased on android, then the google play subscriptions page is opened in vebview.

The problem is when the user is on android and the subscription was made on ios, the vebiew that opens takes the user to an itunes page where it says download apple music. 

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way for a user to manage his subscription that was purchased from an ios device, on an android device? (the management url does not work)
  2. If it is not possible what would be the best way to manage this scenario?
icon

Best answer by Ryan Glanz 13 December 2023, 17:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

Happy to help here.

1. Is there a way for a user to manage his subscription that was purchased from an ios device, on an android device? (the management url does not work)

Unfortunately no. Because Apple is the payment processor here (not RevenueCat), managing the subscription has to go through the original store.

1. If it is not possible what would be the best way to manage this scenario?

In this case, you could grab the store property from the entitlement and, if the user is accessing the subscription from the wrong platform, generate a popup that explains they need to go manage their subscription at the original device/platform they purchased from.