Solved

fetch products without offerings

• 9 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello, 

I have 2 questions. 

In my app I am starting out with only a tip jar(going to add a pro subscription later)

In the docs it is not clear how to get products without offerings(or entitlements).

Under the tab `Displaying Products` it is only explained how to show products with offerings. But, as of know, I don't have offerings configured as I don't have a paywall (yet). 

I dont really understand the difference between entitlements and offerings and what they are exactly. 

Can someone maybe explain it to me(the docs are for those 2 topics a bit confusing to me)

Any help here would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Miguel Carranza 13 October 2022, 00:17

View original

2 replies

You didn’t answer the question. 

I’m also having problems with Offerings, don’t want to use them. I don’t care if it’s “preferred not to have it...”  I’ll decide what I prefer, thank you. 

How do I obtain a reference to a Product SDK object (Flutter) without having to go through the whole (terrible) “Offerings” system in Revenue Cat? 

I don’t care that this isn’t “preferred”. I’m just trying to get the damn system work, and having trouble. I don’t want to add the not-wanted Offerings configuration system into the mix.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

​​​​​Hi BSM, welcome to RevenueCat community,

1. I’d suggest setting offerings regardless. You actually can purchase a product manually using the product identifier directly, but it’s preferred to not have it hardcoded in our app.
  2. Hopefully this helps:
    • Entitlement: What is unlocked. The level of access/features a customer will have, independent of the product purchased or platform. A product can unlock one or many entitlements, and entitlement can be unlock by one or many products.
    • Offering: Not required, but strongly recommended. They combine the products that will be shown in the paywall, and can be modified dynamically through RevenueCat’s dashboard.