Question

Sandbox testing with Play Store subscription gives Cancellation with Billing error

• 14 February 2022
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

$RCAnonymousID:bf5f68d6a7b04d5a99de2651b676c244

$RCAnonymousID:4e152e7d24e04e398b76bf2c5dbdeb42

I will look at the server-to-server notifications

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I set up server-to-server notifications and now the behaviour is all over the place.

Nothing shows in the sandbox console when I make a purchase.

I get an email that the order is cancelled but other emails stating that the subscription is ongoing.

My app believes the subscription is cancelled but when I go to buy it again it says it is active. I if I tap Restore Purchases I get “Nothing to restore”

Badge +2

@aris @Peter Rule I spoke with an engineer and they suggested turning on server-to-server notifications to see if that affects the result (there are some differences in how we refresh receipts in sandbox vs. production and it’s possible that’s playing a role). I looked at your app configs and noticed you don’t have server-to-server notifications set up for Google, can you go through this guide to set those up and then try this again? https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/google-server-notifications

Also, would you be able to share some recent sandbox App User IDs with this issue so I can take a closer look?

@Juliana Pagnoncelli Ferreira we’ve only heard about this occurring in sandbox, so I don’t think you need to worry about this in production. 

Hi @sundeep, thanks for your reply, it does seem activating the server-to-server notifications fixed the issue for me for Google

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I set up server-to-server notifications and now the behaviour is all over the place.

Nothing shows in the sandbox console when I make a purchase.

I get an email that the order is cancelled but other emails stating that the subscription is ongoing.

My app believes the subscription is cancelled but when I go to buy it again it says it is active. I if I tap Restore Purchases I get “Nothing to restore”

@sundeep I also received an email stating the subscription wasn’t acknowledged

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@sundeep 

I have tried to de-activate server-to-server notifications but when I press ‘Disconnect From Google’. I get the following message.

Response not successful: Received status code 400.

Please advise ASAP how I get back to where I was before activating server-to-server notifications.