Unable to Purchase Product on iOS (Sandbox)

  • 27 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi everyone, I am new here. We’re using react-native-purchases for in-app purchases. Somehow, it was working fine till today on iOS and Android but things started to break on iOS ever since I have decided to delete subscription groups and items from App Store Connect. Basically, I deleted the previous subscription items (also the groups), then I created another group and put all new subscription item into that group. I didn’t touch the in-app purchases tho.

When I started testing IAPs (subscriptions and consumables) using sandbox account and with my TestFlight account as well, I have been getting the following error:

There was a problem with the App Store. Problem communicating with the Store when trying to validate the receipt.

However, everything is working fine on Android.  

I have double checked my app store connect configuration and RC. Here’s my setup for RC (iOS):

  • Created completely new project in RC ✅
  • Regenerated App Store Connect App-Specific Shared Secret ✅
  • Regenerated App Store Connect API key ✅
  • Created products and entitlements ✅

Any idea why?

This post has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge +4

iOS version - 17.3.1
react-native-purchases - 7.24.0
Expo SDK - 49

Userlevel 4
Badge +8


Happy to help here. Couple questions:

  1. Are you able to fetch the products from the store (i.e., using getOfferings)?
  2. Does this problem persist if you create a new test user?
Badge +4

Hello, thanks so much for the reply. It was working fine before for all consumables and subscription items until I decided to delete the subscription group (but I didn’t delete consumable items) and replaced it with new ones. Then it doesn’t work anymore for any in-app purchase. To answer your questions:

  1. Yes. I use getProducts instead
  2. Yes. I tried with TestFlight, Sandbox accounts (new and old), cleared purchase histories for sandbox users. I even logged out my Apple ID from my device and logged in again. I double checked the credentials (in-app purchase key and app store connect key). Also, deleted RevenueCat project and started from scratch again but the problem still persists. I have no idea at this point
Badge +4

on Android, everything’s working fine. Here’s a Sentry log. Let me know if you need further information. Thank you