Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have more than 15k active user and only handful of people having this issue. The customer created the account but we are unable to see his transaction history, upon further inspection we found out that the user is already paying for the subscription, it’s just RC don’t recognize it.

After following the below doc, I realize that we might have to add restore Purchase functionality to overcome this issue.

After testing in sandbox we got a weird issue which says :-

😿‼️ There is already another active subscriber using the same receipt.” which is coming from the API with endpoint “/v1/receipts”.

NOTE:- Both the sandbox and app account are new so there is no way that the sandbox had an previous purchase history.

Now I am a bit confused and really want to sync everything for these users, I am looking forward for a saluting from this community.

Thanks & Regards 

Mayank Sharma

Hi Mayank!

Thanks for reaching out. As you said, implementing the restore purchases functionality will be a big help for customers who have purchased but you aren’t seeing their transactions in RevenueCat.

Regarding the error you’re getting when testing with the /receipts endpoint - do you currently have the “Keep with original app user id” restore behavior set for your project? The error that you’re seeing is that one that we throw when this is the behavior chosen but a user id that is not the original app user id is attempting to restore. Are you getting this error from a cURL request to the /receipts endpoint or via the SDK method `restorePurchases`?

Hey Kaitlin,

Thanks for the response!

It make sense and this is expected behavior but the user I am using have original app user id. I made sure that there is no duplicate entry for the same user. And I also search users on RC with transaction ID’s and I did not find any user using those transaction ID. which mean there is no user present in RC with those transaction iD’s. So, how am I getting this error because there is no owner for this transaction.