Solved

How can we identify an upcoming subscription downgrade in the same group?

• 21 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I am very new to Revenuecat so I may have missed something. Consider the following:

Situation

• Suppose a user is currently using premium version A.
  • Suppose it has decided to downgrade to premium version B - in the same Subscription group, and thus ‘purchased’ version B via the app, using the RevenueCat SDK.
  • The downgrade will only become active when the current period of version A expires.
  • In the RevenueCat dashboard I see the event: Changed their renewal preference to ‘Premium version B’.

Complication

After ‘purchasing’ version B nothing seems to change to the customerInfo object indicating that a downgrade to version B is expected to come. 

Question

I’d like to inform the user that their renewal preference is changed to Premium version B, how can I achieve this if nothing of this kind is available in the customerInfo object?

Additional info

I am currently testing only with purchases in the app store.

icon

Best answer by imougy 21 September 2022, 21:44

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

@imougy I took your advice and continue without showing the upcoming change.

Badge

IMHO, there is no need to complicate the UI by indicating a future subscription to B plan.  I would wait until subscriptions B becomes active and your UI will show that and users is expecting that.

I know I am not answering “how to get a change of plan status” but I just thought it might help to not make it an issue for your app.

I have the same issue than @nmeibergen and it does not really complicates the UI according to me, it’s even better to improve the user experience:

- show a disabled button to prevent the user to “buy” an already bought subscription but which isn’t active yet. Because right know the only way is to let the user “buy” the subscription again and handle the “PRODUCT_ALREADY_PURCHASED” error.
- show the user its future active subscriptions instead of going in the native settings app of its smartphone.

So I hope that a feature that allows to get future active subscriptions will get added someday. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

IMHO, there is no need to complicate the UI by indicating a future subscription to B plan.  I would wait until subscriptions B becomes active and your UI will show that and users is expecting that.

I know I am not answering “how to get a change of plan status” but I just thought it might help to not make it an issue for your app.