AppStore rejection: The receipt is not valid

• 31 October 2021
  • 39 replies

Show first post

39 replies

Badge +3

My app rejected for the same reason, I will try to resubmit the app again. Just want to keep record that problem still exist  

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We found that your in-app purchase products exhibited one or more bugs when reviewed on iPad running iOS 15.6 on Wi-Fi.

Tapping either In App Purchase option displayed

There was a problem with the App Store.
Please Try Again Later

Next Steps

When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code "Sandbox receipt used in production," you should validate against the test environment instead.

Badge +4

Same issue here, Yesterday I tried appealing the review with Ryan’s comment, but I am still waiting for their response. :fingers_crossed:

I ended up submitting a new version for review instead of waiting for the appeal and it was approved in a few hours. :grin:

@Nahue did you make any changes? I also sent a new version but it was not approved :disappointed:

Badge

Same issue here, Yesterday I tried appealing the review with Ryan’s comment, but I am still waiting for their response. :fingers_crossed:

I ended up submitting a new version for review instead of waiting for the appeal and it was approved in a few hours. :grin:

@Nahue did you make any changes? I also sent a new version but it was not approved :disappointed:

I did make changes but not related to the issue, maybe I just got lucky with the reviewer this time.

Maybe you could come up with an excuse and ask for an expedited review (https://developer.apple.com/contact/app-store/?topic=expedite), in my experience they tend to do a lighter review on those cases. As a temporary solution until the root issue is fixed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Heard from another developer that they hit this rejection, but next release was approved (no code changes): 

Badge +3

I just got the same rejection message … is there a fix this is so frustrating? all my others apps never had this issue all using revenuecat 

Badge +3

same thing for me over the past 3 days.  have submitted a completely new build (3x) and blown away the subscription and built a new one from scratch then reset on the revenuecat side.  works in Testflight across multiple devices flawlessly...can see purchases happening on Revenecat dashboard...this is starting to feel like apple not liking or hiccuping on revenueCat...obv we are in the dark and can’t tell.  very frustrating.  i’m using react native/expo if that matters…

Next Steps

When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code "Sandbox receipt used in production," you should validate against the test environment instead.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Again, 3 attempts already:(( 

App Version

We found that your in-app purchase products exhibited one or more bugs when reviewed on iPad running iOS 15.6.1 on Wi-Fi.

An error message displayed when we tried to make a purchase.

Next Steps

Resources

You can learn more about testing in-app purchase products in your development sandbox environment in App Store Connect Developer Help.

For more information on receipt validation, please see What url should I use to verify my receipt? in the In-App Purchase FAQ.

Learn how to generate a receipt validation code in App Store Connect Developer Help.

Badge +3

My hack when repeatedly running into that issue (everything worked except in final app review) was to remove:

Purchases.restorePurchases();

using React Native...maybe slightly different for Flutter…but that’s the exact moment the “invalid receipt” kept getting hit.  the revCat docs do warn about not triggering it “programmatically”...so maybe it was my bad..

revCat docs on restoring purchases

i then built a workaround using the revCat IDs to deal with restore/other users on the device etc.

Other advice about asking the app reviewer to sign in with their Apple ID etc were fruitless at least from my exp.  hope that helps...took me many rejections to solve give it only happened in their hands and i couldn’t TestFlight the problem...

Badge +2

I did about 10 rounds of review, and nothing worked. Finally, I recreated the subscriptions - and got approved! Here’s my blog post about it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Peter Rule this typically happens when there’s some issue with the reviewers account or device. For me I could tell by my logs the reviewer didn’t have a network connection. When iOS15 was released we heard about in increase in this happening so assume there was something related to that but it’s still occurred well before and after iOS15.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks @ryan.

I submitted a new binary with minor changes and that passed review.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Got it again..(

We found that your in-app purchase products exhibited one or more bugs when reviewed on iPad running iOS 15.2.1 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, your app displayed an error page when we attempted to subscribe.

Next Steps

Resources

You can learn more about testing in-app purchase products in your development sandbox environment in App Store Connect Developer Help.

For more information on receipt validation, please see What url should I use to verify my receipt? in the In-App Purchase FAQ.

Learn how to generate a receipt validation code in App Store Connect Developer Help.

Badge +3

Same issue here. Is there a solution now?

Badge +3

Same issue 50/50 chance I get this on a new app review.