AppStore rejection: The receipt is not valid

• 31 October 2021
  • 39 replies

Show first post

39 replies

Badge +7

Starting last week our updates have been rejected on BOTH the App Store and Google Play. We made no changes to the subscription code, and everything works fine on TestFlight.

Error 9: RCPurchasesErrorDomain

We’ve updated to the latest SDK, but we’re still getting rejected with the same error.

Has anyone found a solution?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Got it again..(

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We found that your in-app purchase products exhibited one or more bugs when reviewed on iPad running iOS 15.2.1 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, your app displayed an error page when we attempted to subscribe.

Next Steps

When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code "Sandbox receipt used in production," you should validate against the test environment instead.

Resources

You can learn more about testing in-app purchase products in your development sandbox environment in App Store Connect Developer Help.

For more information on receipt validation, please see What url should I use to verify my receipt? in the In-App Purchase FAQ.

Learn how to generate a receipt validation code in App Store Connect Developer Help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks @ryan.

I submitted a new binary with minor changes and that passed review.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Peter Rule this typically happens when there’s some issue with the reviewers account or device. For me I could tell by my logs the reviewer didn’t have a network connection. When iOS15 was released we heard about in increase in this happening so assume there was something related to that but it’s still occurred well before and after iOS15.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

2 months on from the last post on this thread I have encountered the same issue.

I have asked the reviewer to re-sign in with their Apple account.  I’m waiting on the reviewers response.

Can RevenueCat shed anymore light on this two months on?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Heard from another developer that they hit this rejection, but next release was approved (no code changes): 

Badge

Same issue here, Yesterday I tried appealing the review with Ryan’s comment, but I am still waiting for their response. :fingers_crossed:

I ended up submitting a new version for review instead of waiting for the appeal and it was approved in a few hours. :grin:

@Nahue did you make any changes? I also sent a new version but it was not approved :disappointed:

I did make changes but not related to the issue, maybe I just got lucky with the reviewer this time.

Maybe you could come up with an excuse and ask for an expedited review (https://developer.apple.com/contact/app-store/?topic=expedite), in my experience they tend to do a lighter review on those cases. As a temporary solution until the root issue is fixed.

Badge +4

Same issue here, Yesterday I tried appealing the review with Ryan’s comment, but I am still waiting for their response. :fingers_crossed:

I ended up submitting a new version for review instead of waiting for the appeal and it was approved in a few hours. :grin:

@Nahue did you make any changes? I also sent a new version but it was not approved :disappointed:

Badge

Badge +4

Hi, I have the same problem. I told them to login again with @ryan suggestion but the problem still persists. Why does this problem occur? Can you help us solve it?

Badge

Badge +4

We’ve got exactly the same reason of rejection from App Store. @Yauheni Yarotski Have you already appeal to reviewer? Please could you share some info if you get an update on this issue. Thanks!

I’ll try to appeal as well with an info suggested by @ryan ...

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Seems like there’s a handful of developers hitting this error: 

Can you ask the reviewer to re-sign in with their Apple account? 

Badge +1

I get also the same rejection. Have solved the problem?