Question

When to show restore button if no login credentials?

• 7 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

So currently, I need to implement restore purchases if the user was previously subscribed. 

I understand Revenue Cat’s API in which it checks entitlements -- (Does this work for offerings btw?) 

I was going to show a restore button to the user if they qualify (as suggested by apple) which would trigger the function on click. However, my app has NO login credentials. Given this, I only have info such as device id, how can I make a conditional that shows whether the restore button is shown to the user or not? 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I understand Revenue Cat’s API in which it checks entitlements -- (Does this work for offerings btw?) 

Restoring purchases does not impact offerings. What happens when a user restores purchases is that the Purchases SDK syncs the user’s device receipt with the RevenueCat backend. The device receipt contains unique information about the user’s transactions so that RevenueCat is able to pair the transactions to an app user ID and then subsequently unlock the appropriate entitlements.

how can I make a conditional that shows whether the restore button is shown to the user or not? 

Regardless of having users login, we recommend having a restore purchases button as to make any purchases the users will still be logged into an Apple app store account. Please see our article here about restoring purchases for more details: