Skip to main content

I keep getting rejected in the app store for the same thing - a black screen on load. I’m unable to reproduce the error on my end no matter what I do, whether in the simulator or on a real device, new install or whatever. All the review team give me is a screenshot of a black screen and tell me that’s what they get on launch. I can’t fix it because I can’t reproduce it, all I can do is add a time out on the revenue cat loading so it still gets past that point.

I get barely any information out of them as you can image, so I have no further specifics and normally they approve it after the second or third time anyway because it probably manages to load or something. But every time I add a new update half the time they reject it again for this same black screen issue..

There’s literally zero problems with the app, the subscriptions or how they are set up - everything works perfectly. Why do they have a problem with revenuecat loading in their review environment?

Hi @hasen,

In case you haven’t seen it, we have a guide on how to handle rejections here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/test-and-launch/app-store-rejections

One thing I can recommend is to remove your app and in-app purchases from review completely, push a new build, and try again. Sometimes your app will be in a bad state on the reviewer’s side and removing it from review and adding it again can force an update in their systems.

Sorry you’re going through this, I know it’s frustrating. I hope you can get your app approved soon!

Hi @hasen,

In case you haven’t seen it, we have a guide on how to handle rejections here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/test-and-launch/app-store-rejections

One thing I can recommend is to remove your app and in-app purchases from review completely, push a new build, and try again. Sometimes your app will be in a bad state on the reviewer’s side and removing it from review and adding it again can force an update in their systems.

Sorry you’re going through this, I know it’s frustrating. I hope you can get your app approved soon!

That’s just a generic guide, this is an issue unique to renuvecat subscriptions loading. It’s nothing to do with being in a bad state, they specifically said it was a black screen on load. I’ve tested this and the only thing that ever causes any delays on load is fetching the revenuecat subscriptions. It never fails for me but there must be something specific in their review environment that causes it to fail completely. I’ve now added to the notes that they should make sure to wait a long time for it to time out from failing to load the subscriptions so they get past it and successfully load the app.

But why is it happening? It’s been rejected three times on completely different occasions for this exact same reason.