Question

I want to make sure I understand adding a free trial

• 14 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Could I please get someone knowledgeable to confirm that I understand things correctly?

I currently have an iOS app that has two subscription options: yearly or three months.

I want to add a free trial.

From reading the forums and the docs I think these are the steps I should take.  Are they correct? If they are correct then several assumption I made about how this works are incorrect.

1. Add an introductory offer to each of my two subscription options in App Store Connect.
  2. Wait for the change to propagate.
  3. Adjust my UI for users that’s aren’t subscribed based on what Purchases.shared.checkTrialOrIntroDiscountEligibility indicates. That lets me choose whether a free trial is mentioned or not.

I’m also thinking this would be a good time to throw out my paywall and start using RC’s paywall feature.

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! Yes, those steps are all correct. You probably already saw this information in our documentation, but I also just wanted to highlight that Apple will automatically apply the trial if a user is eligible. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi! Yes, those steps are all correct. You probably already saw this information in our documentation, but I also just wanted to highlight that Apple will automatically apply the trial if a user is eligible. 

Thank you for confirming Wes! That’s great to know. I’ll start diving into this now that I’ve got a better understanding.