Solved

Tracking LTV for users who upgrade from monthly to annual

• 6 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

My iOS app has a monthly and annual subscription offering, with the monthly price set to $8/month and the annual set to a much more affordable $30/year ($2.5/month). As such, I expect my “retention” for the monthly product to be low, with users deciding within a couple months whether they either want to “Upgrade to Annual” or “Cancel” their subscription.

I know from RevenueCat’s charts that my retention rate for the Monthly product is roughly 2 months; is it possible to understand what percent of these “churned monthly subscribers” are cancelling their subscriptions completely, and what percent are upgrading to annual?

Ultimately I am trying to assess what the true “LTV per paying customer” is for users who initially sign up for the monthly IAP but then upgrade to the annual.

icon

Best answer by Michael Fogel 8 March 2023, 18:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @lukemt ,

We offer the churn chart which help measures the percentage of active subscriptions that were lost during a given period that have not yet resubscribed. 

As for a chart showing the amount of users upgrading to yearly from monthly, we dont have this but I will go ahead and suggest a chart to the team that would help track product changes. 

Badge +4

Thanks so much for the response @Michael Fogel! I appreciate it and I appreciate you passing that feedback on to the team. I’ll work with what I have for now. Thanks!