Question

Charts dashboard rest API endpoints foe developers

Badge +1

You currently do not have analytics endpoints for developers. Do you have plans to add some endpoints for analytics data similar to your Chats dashboard in the future?

10 replies

Badge

Hey Erdem, I’m one of the Product Managers here at RevenueCat. Offering endpoints to access analytics data is definitely something we’re open to, and are actually actively exploring. Are there any particular use cases you had in mind? Ways you’d want to use the data, specific metrics you’d want to have access to, etc.

If so, that context would be very helpful.

Feel free to also email me at dan@revenuecat.com and maybe we can setup time to connect for a quick call to chat about it further!

We’d love to see as well - I think the most interesting for us would be the computed metrics that are available in charts (ie provide dates and retrieve said computed metric)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey Erdem, I’m one of the Product Managers here at RevenueCat. Offering endpoints to access analytics data is definitely something we’re open to, and are actually actively exploring. Are there any particular use cases you had in mind? Ways you’d want to use the data, specific metrics you’d want to have access to, etc.

If so, that context would be very helpful.

Feel free to also email me at dan@revenuecat.com and maybe we can setup time to connect for a quick call to chat about it further!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yeah that makes sense -- thanks for sharing @mmmoussa. No additional questions at the moment, but very much appreciate the feedback. We’ll look into potentially supporting that use case via a dedicated role as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Khanh! Not at this time, but I’ll be sure to post an update in here once we’ve got something to share. However, for your use case, you may also want to consider our Scheduled Data Exports. They provide a daily export of your transactions, and we’ve written sample queries that can be used to replicate many of our Charts like Revenue and Active Trials.

Badge +3

How to retrieve analytics data? Which api use for this one?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Terry! This is not something we currently offer today, but we are exploring it for the future. Is there a particular use case you had in mind for retrieving analytics data via API? If so I’d love to hear about it. Thanks!

Badge +3

Have any update here? I need api to get data analytics like revenue or trial by date to show in my dashboard!

Badge

Hi, any update on this topic by any chance ?

Our use case is to allow use of chart data in a management centralized dashboard where KPis from RevenueCat sit next to KPis from other tools without having to open every tool or recompute each metric based on individual events.

Concretely, being able to get, programmatically, the same csv file as we have when we click the export button on any chart would do the job.

This feature exist in the other analytics tools we use.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Julien! I apologize that I haven’t gotten back to you until now. I don’t have any concrete updates for you on timing, but reproducing the “export” function via API aligns very closely with how we’re thinking about a solution. I’ll be sure to report back once we have something more concrete to share.

In the meantime, we very much appreciate the feedback and color and how such functionality would be used.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Dan, for the sake of user privacy we would like to give some of our employees access to key metric dashboards such as active subscriptions, trial conversion, etc. without giving them any access to individual customer data. None of the existing roles supported in RevenueCat allow us to achieve this, so our backup idea was to leverage an api like what is being proposed in this thread to build our own dashboards outside of RevenueCat but for now it seems this is not possible either. Happy to chat more about this use case if needed.