Question

Purchase a subscription with a free trial?

• 8 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello, I’ve manage to create an offer in the RC Dashboard and in the Google Play console that is attached to existing product (annual subscription). The offer includes free trial. When I call the getOfferings method and select the specific offer and try to purchase, the offer does not include the free trial I’ve previously attached. Any help here?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Product entitlements did not match in between the RC offers and Google play console ID-s and that’s what caused the issue

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Bogdastotel,

First thing that I’d doublecheck is that the offering containing the free trials is currently marked as current - if you just created them, this can be an easily overlooked step. 

Next, check that all product identifiers match exactly across both the Google Play Console and RevenueCat. Make sure that the base plan is marked as backwards compatible: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/android-products

If none of these seem to be the issue - what are you seeing when you fetch offerings? Are you getting some products but not the ones with the trial or an empty object?