Solved

Notification of PLA violation from Apple

• 15 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

I received the following email from Apple this morning.

Subject: Notification of Apple Developer Program License Agreement (PLA) violation

We are writing to inform you that your company is not in compliance with the Apple Developer Program License Agreement (PLA).

Section 11.2 (Termination) states:

(g) if You engage, or encourage others to engage, in any misleading, fraudulent, improper, unlawful or dishonest act relating to this Agreement, including, but not limited to, misrepresenting the nature of Your Application (e.g., hiding or trying to hide functionality from Apple’s review, falsifying consumer reviews for Your Application, engaging in payment fraud, etc.).

Be aware that manipulating App Store chart rankings, user reviews or search index may result in the loss of your developer program membership.

Please address this issue promptly.

We carefully reviewed all our apps, metadata, etc and have not found anything in violation or non-compliant with the PLA. We are absolutely not engaged fraudulent behaviour, and have been operating smoothly for years now.

One anomaly I can think of is the RC outage on February 10. Customers were unable to unlock content even after paying. Perhaps Apple detected this as a form of payment fraud?

Furthermore, an unusual number of developers received this same email today as evident on the developer forums.

Any advice or guidance? Can folks at RC reach out to their Apple contacts and sort this out for us?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by cody 23 February 2023, 18:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey all,

Sorry to hear you received this message - typically, Apple does these kinds of messages in bulk. I recommend following up with Apple directly and ask for next steps and a specific action.

It looks like others who don’t use RevenueCat have also received this message recently, so it’s more likely that your app got caught in an automated bulk system, potentially due to spikes of various metrics (others mention downloads, reviews, etc.): https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/725006

Badge

I received the same email yesterday. Anyone replied to Apple and got their answers?

Badge +4

I too received this email. I replied asking for clarification and they asked for my phone number to call me back. The whole interaction feels odd. Anyone else get a reply back?

did you solve the issue? do they reinstate back?

Badge +4

we need to create a strong community, help this thread: https://twitter.com/oguzhan_karah4n/status/1696550472109138146?s=20

Badge +5

@cody

Thank you. It appears this is the case.

Badge +3

I too received this email. I replied asking for clarification and they asked for my phone number to call me back. The whole interaction feels odd. Anyone else get a reply back?