Question

Search for user using attributes

• 20 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi!

I decided to use the anonymous App User ID and add some reference into attributes
That way I can have IAP without a userlogin demand.

In some cases end user want to just have a “nick” or other attribute. But it is impossible to search for the user using attributes. Could I suggest that search get a “attr” keyword addon?

For example, if you search for; attr:secretstuff:infoaboutsomeone it will search for only attrib “secretstuff” and “infoaboutsomeone” as search text.

I wonder also if it is not possible to search for order numbers, google for instances use GPA.3348-7181-1798-xxxxx number, that exists in the “transaction_id” for each event detail. Apple in same way too. Since the data exists, it could be straight forward adding that?

Last feature request:
I miss a “read attribute” feature in the SDK, so I can read these parameters without using a webhook and another third party to store that again. 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass all these requests along to the team.

In some cases end user want to just have a “nick” or other attribute. But it is impossible to search for the user using attributes. Could I suggest that search get a “attr” keyword addon?

While this isn’t possible right now, you could do this by exporting a customer list of all users (by making one with the filter “First seen is not null”) and then from there you could look at the column custom_attributes, which is JSON representation of any custom Subscriber Attributes set for the customer.

I wonder also if it is not possible to search for order numbers, google for instances use GPA.3348-7181-1798-xxxxx number, that exists in the “transaction_id” for each event detail. Apple in same way too. Since the data exists, it could be straight forward adding that?

We do have this search enabled. If you search the order id on the customer list page of your RC dashboard, you will get the user with that order.

I miss a “read attribute” feature in the SDK, so I can read these parameters without using a webhook and another third party to store that again. 

You can use our get subscriber REST API endpoint to get the subscriber with all their subscriber attributes.