Solved

Can you directly modify the App User ID in the Customer on the Dashboard?

• 9 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

Is there a way for an administrator to manually assign an app user ID directly in the dashboard when it cannot be assigned in the app for subscription information? I would like to know if there is a way to assign the app user ID directly without going through the dashboard.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Yousef 9 February 2023, 23:32

View original

3 replies

Has anything changed here? I have a customer who has been assigned an anonymous user ID, even though I thought I had everything set up to avoid creating anonymous IDs. Their user ID from my database has not been assigned as an alias. I would like a way to do this manually, as this missing alias is preventing API calls that I have set up from working correctly for this user.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

There is not a way to modify App User ID’s directly in the dashboard.

An App User ID will always be assigned to a user of the app when the SDK is configured. If you do not configure the SDK with a provided ‘custom’ App User ID, then the SDK will automatically assign the app user an Anonymous App User ID.

The way to “assign the app user ID” is when the SDK is initially configured, or by calling .login() after the SDK is configured. Depending on your project settings, this may cause an alias to occur - essentially merging the App User IDs together to act as one.

Could you let us know more about the use case, and why “it cannot be assigned in the app for subscription information”?

Badge +3

Thank you for your reply.

The use case that we are concerned about in the development review process is not a real case yet. However, our system is not yet complete, so there may be a problem with maintaining authentication when a subscribed user switches from using iOS to Android. So we are considering a response plan for this situation.

Thank you.