Solved

Web purchase work flow?

• 11 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Can some one outline the workflow process for a subscription purchase on a website then redeeming it on an iOS app, for example unlocking a feature?

I understand the purchase on iOS workfow

iOS app initiate purchase > revenuecat > ios appstore to process payment > revenuecat > iOS app to unlock feature

What is a web flow look like? , especially one with a stripe payment process? 

I know a user ID will have to be set on a website.

icon

Best answer by kaitlin 13 January 2023, 22:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Suresh Wickremasinghe

Yes - as long the app user id is the same across both platforms (and is custom/provided, not anonymous), that should be enough to restore on iOS. You can set an app user id for a user when you call configure for the first time at app launch, or by calling .login later in the cycle: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/user-ids#logging-in-with-a-custom-app-user-id

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @kaitlin Thanks for the info.  This was helpful for the web workflow. Just to confirm, redeeming on an iOS app only requires the users ID correct? Setting and using a user ID/password for their account would require work from a server before revenuecat correct?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Suresh Wickremasinghe ,

The flow would look like this:

web app initiates the purchase > Stripe > web app sends subscription token to RevenueCat > RevenueCat returns with unlocked entitlements

Then, later in the iOS app:

user opens iOS app > logs in > fetches subscription info from RevenueCat

Does this help to clarify? Let me know if you have any questions!