Question

Turn off sandbox environment

• 1 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Is there a way to turn off sandbox in a build with debugger attached to it? I have an app that had in app purchases before I have added revenue cat. I wanna test upgrading user from the old purchase to new one. However this is not possible in sandbox because I could not think of way to get the receipt working. (replicate the old purchase)

I have a subscription that is approved by apple and should work in prod and I also bought the old purchase that I am upgrading from. Currently I get an error saying:

App running in sandbox without a receipt file. Restoring transactions won't work until a purchase is made to generate a receipt. This should not happen in production unless user is logged out of Apple account

I would like to test this (as in  production) before I actually release this to production. Any idea how could I go about it?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Is there a way to turn off sandbox in a build with debugger attached to it? 

No, there is no way to turn off sandbox. If the app is in XCode, it is in sandbox. If the app is in the app store, it is in production.

I wanna test upgrading user from the old purchase to new one. However this is not possible in sandbox because I could not think of way to get the receipt working. (replicate the old purchase)

I recommend you try to replicate the state of the old purchase rather than the product itself, and then to transition your app to the new process and see how it reacts. 

In terms of testing your app with and without RevenueCat, you could try building an old version of your app, making a purchase. Then you can build a new version of your app and do the upgrade.

I would like to test this (as in  production) before I actually release this to production. Any idea how could I go about it?

There is no way to test in production. I would recommend testing all functionality in sandbox and TestFlight.