Solved

šŸ¤–ā€¼ļø There was a problem with the Play Store after subscription

• 18 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We are testing the android side subscription and it is not working.Ā 
We have managed to complete the iOS side configuration successfully, Subscribed from iOS and fetched from android as well. But,
But, when we try to subscribe from android, subscription get's completed as well in the plays tore account. But It's going to the on error method of the revenuecat SDKs. And the error message prints below error

2021-12-18 12:40:50.694 29887-30921/com.goviral.app D/[Purchases]Ā -Ā DEBUG: ā„¹ļø API request completed with status: POST /receipts 503
2021-12-18 12:40:50.698 29887-30921/com.goviral.app E/[Purchases]Ā -Ā ERROR: šŸ¤–ā€¼ļø There was a problem with the Play Store.

Ā 

Please guide us on why this is happening, Since playstore account is showing the subscription successfully. But revenue cat is not getting it and showing the above error and not reflecting in the users account.Ā 

icon

Best answer by tina 20 December 2021, 20:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Ankur KalkaniĀ 

Are you noticing any other error, such as Invalid Play Store Credentials,Ā in your debug logs? Is your test email receiving any emails from Google saying the purchase was cancelled due to the purchase not being acknowledged?

Ā 

As for the STORE_PROBLEM error, we actually have that documented here:Ā https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/errors#--store_problemĀ Have you confirmed that the Android package name is correct entered in the RevenueCat dashboard? Is this error still populating for you?Ā 

Badge +2

The same problem. Iā€™m using test email to make purchase. Iā€™ve got email that my purchase was successful but revenue return meĀ There was a problem with the Play Store.

Badge +2

@tinaĀ 
D/[Purchases]Ā -Ā DEBUG: ā„¹ļø API request started: POST /receipts
D/[Purchases]Ā -Ā DEBUG: ā„¹ļø API request completed with status: POST /receipts 503
E/[Purchases]Ā -Ā ERROR: šŸ¤–ā€¼ļø There was a problem with the Play Store.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Kateryna MaslyakĀ 

Iā€™m taking a look at our internal logs and it looks like Android purchases are coming in now. I did notice some 503 calls earlier today, which is from not enabling the API. For reference:Ā 

Google Play Error: Google Play Android Developer API has not been used Ā in project X before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting Ā https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/androidpublisher.googleapis.com/overview?project=X Ā then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for Ā the action to propagate to our systems and retry.

(redacted sensitive information)Ā 

For help debugging in the future, I would recommend taking a look at the underlyingErrorMessageĀ and message. Docs for reference:Ā https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/errors#android-errorsĀ 

Badge +2

In my case i hadĀ to changeĀ Purchases.setup(observerMode?: boolean) from true to false.