Question

"The product is not available for purchase" - Android RN

• 31 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

I am using the React Native package with RevenueCat, and everything is working as expected on iOS (thanks for your hard work on the great RN package, by the way).

There is still an issue with Android though, and I have been struggling with it for a few days. Initially, I thought it was because I did not have a release published on a test track, but that has now been rectified (approved by Google) yesterday, and I’m still getting the “The product is not available for purchase” on Android.

Things I have tried:

1. Make sure the app is published on the “Closed Testing” track (it is):
  2. Ensure that both the app ID and SKUs for the products are the same (they are).

3. Ensure subscriptions are active in GPC (they are):

Does anyone know what else I can try, as it’s a bit annoying since the app is finished, but I’m blocked from testing.

Thanks in advance for any help, and all the best for 2022!
Ben.

7 replies

Badge +3

I was experiencing the same problem and, in my case, the products were only available for purchase after publishing the final version of the App (not just a test track) and installing it from the Google store. It was immediately possible to make purchases.

Badge +6

Thanks for your reply! Hmm, that seems very poor on Google's part, to be honest. How were you able to test the integration without publishing? 

Badge +3

I agree with you!

In my case I test payments on Emulator for Android and SImulator/Physical Device for IOS and cross my fingers to Android devices has the same behavior from emulator…

I don't know if is the mandatory but after a few days stucked on this I published a release version and everything works fine.

Badge +6

They seem to be working on iOS, so I'm assuming everything will be okay in production on Android too. I'm a bit concerned that the RC docs don't mention anything like this though, so I wonder if Google's policy has changed recently? 

Badge +6

So after finally publishing my app on a public track, and downloading it via the Play Store, I’m still getting the same error back (The product is not available for purchase).

Are there any other things to check here, as I have followed all other guides and forum postings without any success so far.

Thanks,
Ben.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Kolekto.

I’m struggling with this ATM. Were you able to resolve this?

Thanks.
Paulo

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

NVM. Got it to work by following your solution on this topic: [Android] "The product is not available for purchase" | RevenueCat Community