Solved

Subscription Extension?

• 15 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have done some searching on this topic, but I haven’t found anywhere that addresses it directly.

I have an iOS app with a renewing  annual subscription. If I wanted to offer existing subscribers an incentive to share the app, such as giving them an addition month of service for every relevant action. I don’t see a way to do this without disrupting their existing subscription, even if I took care of the accounting of starting the one-month of free access and then tried to trigger their next month.

The best I could think of was to offer them to renew with a different annual subscription that had a 1 month free trial. But that doesn’t necessarily scale well for different numbers of incentives.

I hope that makes sense.

icon

Best answer by tina 19 November 2021, 21:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Christopher Brandow,

There is the new Apple subscription extension API that can be used to extend the user’s subscription. I’m not sure about Apple’s policies around that. For reference: Extend a Subscription Renewal Date | Apple Developer Documentation There are some considerations at the bottom of this documentation to read before going this route. 

Alternatively, you can utilize Offer Codes as a way to grant customers free trials on top of their existing subscription. RevenueCat documentation for reference: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/ios-subscription-offers#offer-codes