Question

Product title and description are missing for iOS on React Native SDK

• 15 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hello, I am implementing a paywall and I want to keep the products displayed as dynamic as possible. I want to display the title and description of the product on iOS, but it is returning an empty string for both properties:

I am using StoreKit with XCode to test properly on my iOS simulator using React Native:

This is my App Store Connect configuration (it is in Ready to Submit state):

It is working properly for Android (except it is not returning the description, maybe to due to the fact that there is no description provided for the subscription on Google Play Console):

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey Isaac! Thanks for reaching out. Regarding the product title and description being missing, how recently did you create that subscription on App Store Connect? Asking because those details are fetched from SKProduct, and it sometimes takes +24 hours before those details will propagate from the App Store.

If you could let me know how long its been, and whether its still occurring, that’d be a great place for us to start. Thanks!

Badge +2

Hey Isaac! Thanks for reaching out. Regarding the product title and description being missing, how recently did you create that subscription on App Store Connect? Asking because those details are fetched from SKProduct, and it sometimes takes +24 hours before those details will propagate from the App Store.

If you could let me know how long its been, and whether its still occurring, that’d be a great place for us to start. Thanks!

Hi @Dan Pannasch, thank you very much for your reply!

The monthly subscription was created over a week ago. The yearly subscription was recently created on Thursday, 07/14.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Got it, thanks! And just to confirm, is the monthly subscription experiencing the same issue or are you able to retrieve the product title and description for it? I only see the annual subscription referenced above, and for that one I’d check again later today to see if it’s just not propagating yet from Apple since it was created yesterday.

Badge +2

@Dan Tamas , Yes the monthly subscription is also facing the same issue.

Badge

I'm asking the same issue and my review is stuck on this issue. Any idea?

Badge

I'm asking the same issue and my review is stuck on this issue. Any idea?

In my case, my subscription is rejected by localization description.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@MisterMind Digital Hmm, meaning your subscription was rejected in app review because of the localization description? If so, I think that’s a different issue, and resolving it would depend on the nature of the complaint from Apple. We have some content in our docs about resolving App Store rejections, but it may not be applicable to your case if the nature of the rejection is about the description itself is the case.

If you’re looking for some perspective on how you might solve that, feel free to reach out to our Support Team through the Dashboard (Account → Contact Us) to share some more details on the rejection and we’d be happy to try to help.

The original issue in this thread may have been addressed here.