Solved

is migration with syncPurchases only needed for subscriptions?

• 1 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Before RC integration I’ve only had a non-consumable IAP for lifetime unlock, I’m adding subscriptions now with RC. Since subscriptions are new, is it OK to skip syncPurchases or is it needed in any way for migration of the non-consumable IAP?

icon

Best answer by ryan 1 September 2021, 19:12

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi @ryan ,

I have the same setup in my app: before integration with RC, there were only non-consumable IAPs, now we want to release subscriptions with RC SDK.

We added non-consumable IAPs to the entitlement with subscriptions. That seems to unlock a feature under that entitlement for customers with lifetime access.

So what is the benefit of performing `syncPurchases()` for users with lifetime access since they get the access the entitlement already?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @Germán Buela,

It sounds like you’ll still want to migrate non-consumable IAP to RevenueCat to make sure those customers continue to get lifetime access unlocked. If you add the non-consumable products to an Entitlement in RevenueCat, that unlocks lifetime access for them.

To do the actual migration, it would be identical to subscriptions through syncPurchases().