Solved

How to set entitlement status to inactive

• 12 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I would like to know how I can set consumable purchase to inactive state after the user has used the product. For example, in my app, I have a consumable purchase that the user can use one time and then after that, I want to set that purchased product's entitlement state to inactive so that the user would have to buy it the next time before they can use the product.

Any help with this will be very useful and much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by cody 12 August 2021, 22:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The standard way to limit users is by time like 7-day free trial.  Limiting by a single use of the product is not supported by Apple nor Google nor Stripe as far as I know.  Can you change the requirement?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Alex Heyman! 👋

At this time, consumables/non-consumables will unlock an entitlement forever, and we don’t provide an option to reset this entitlement.

If you’re looking to keep track of consumable usage, you’ll have to build out this logic on your end. You can still use the entitlement system to keep track of whether or not a user has ever purchased one of those products though, and take action on that in your app (like displaying a separate offering or paywall for customers who have made a purchase in the past).